Notice of Election
NEWTON, UTAH 2021 NOTICE OF ELECTION
The Town of Newton, Utah will hold a municipal general election November 2, 2021 to elect a Mayor and two (2) council members for a four year term.
Utah law requires that this election be conducted by mail. Ballots will be mailed to registered voters. The Newton Town Council has approved to participate in the municipal alternate voting method of ranked choice voting. All declared candidates will be listed on the ballot and a primary election will not be held.
Those interested in running for office must file a Declaration of Candidacy in person with the Newton Town Clerk. Declaration of Candidacy filing must be done August 10-17, 2021 during the hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. There is no filing fee. The required filing form is available at the Newton Town Hall
Qualifications required of candidates:
- Be a United States citizen at the time of filing.
- Be a registered voter of Newton Town.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be a resident of Newton Town for 12 consecutive months immediately preceding the date of the general election; November 2, 2021.
- Not be a convicted felon.
For further voter information, register to vote or update your registration, please go to https://www.vote.utah.gov