Frequently Asked Questions
Culinary Water & Utilities
Please click here for the application for a business license. Once you've filled it out, please bring it to the Newton Town office. All license requests are reviewed for approval. Licenses must be renewed annually. The business license fee is $25.
Procedure for Newton Town Building Permit Application
The first step is to complete the building permit application found here.
- Complete the building permit application
- Submit completed application with site plan showing building, property lines and setbacks to a Planning Commission member for approval:
- Martin Empey - (801) 918-6232
- After setback approval submit to the Newton Town Building Inspector (contracted with Hyde Park City):
- Completed application
- two sets of building plans drawn to scale, including: exterior elevations, floor plans, foundation plan, framing detail, cross-section, stair detail, electrical plan, and plumbing/heating plan. For home construction; a model energy code analysis. www.energycodes.gov
- site plan showing building, property lines and set backs
- proof of ownership or county plat map
- notarized owner/builder form if applicable
- Submit application and plans to:
Hyde Park City Offices, 113 East Center, Hyde Park, UT Or at: firstname.lastname@example.orgContact:
- Darrin Hancey (435) 563-6507 ext. 13
- Ed Price (435) 563-6507 ext. 19
- Call to schedule inspections at (435) 563-6507 ext. 25
- After approval from the building inspector and setback approval, please make an appointment and submit completed application, supporting documentation, and fees to the town clerk – Karla Ferguson (435)563-9283 (Town Hall) , (435)563-0165 (home) or email at email@example.com
Also required for New Home Construction
- Bear River Environmental Health Dept. septic tank approval. Go to www.brhd.org for instructions and application.
- Proof of a Newton Secondary water share.
- $2,200 water meter connection fee
- $1,500 water impact fee